Genealogy Spreadsheet Template – How to make a Genealogy Spreadsheet Template
3 methods: Using a SmartArt template (Excel 2007 or later) Using a basic spreadsheet
Genealogies are typical school jobs and a fun way to teach others your ancestors. Excel is also able to perform more complex genealogical projects, although for projects that are longer term, you may prefer to use a specialized program.
1 Use a template
- Picture titled Making a family tree in Excel Step 11
Create a new document from a template. Select File → New Template in case you have the option. File → New opened a panel in which you chose between the different templates.
- Picture titled Make a family tree in Excel Step 22
Find a template for a family tree. This template is not preinstalled, so you’ll need to connect to the Internet to find it. Search for “genealogical tree” to find the options available for download for free. In “Microsoft Office Online”, “Office.com” or “Templates in red” depending on the version of Excel.   Select the subsection “Personal” and browse the family tree templates.
You may not have these options if you use Excel 2007 or an earlier version. Non-official templates and other sections can be searched online for other options.
Image titled Making a family tree in Excel Step 33
- Try the basic family tree graph. The “Genealogic Tree Template” chart is a basic spreadsheet with colored cells to delineate the family tree. There is only room for you and four generations of direct ancestors. This is a good choice for school work, but not for a longer search. To use it, simply click the colored cells and enter the name of the members of your family.
To add cells to your siblings, copy and paste “your” cell into another cell in the same column so that it turns the same green color. Similarly, it is possible to copy and paste your parents’ cells into the same column to create lighter green cells for your aunts and uncles.
Picture titled Make a family tree in Excel Step 44
- Create a larger family tree. If you work with a more complex tree, select the “Genealogical tree” template. Use the SmartArt feature, which requires the use of Excel 2007 or a later version.  You can click on the boxes and enter the names of your relatives, but there will also be many more features:
Click anywhere in the document to display the text panel. This allows you to edit the tree with a simple and compact list. To add another relative, press the + button at the top of the panel. With the new cell selected, use the → or ← buttons to move between generations. Click and drag to move it under the name of your son or daughter.
- The SmartArt loop menu has many visual options about the document itself. For example, it is possible to click on the “Hierarchy” icon to see a selection of ways to display the data.
2 Using SmartArt (Excel 2007 or later)
- Picture titled Making a family tree in Excel Step 51
Click the SmartArt icon in the menu bar. In modern versions of Excel, it is possible to use the feature called “SmartArt” to make the diagrams more attractive. Select “SmartArt” from the menu bar above the blank worksheet to get started.
- In Excel 2007, select the “Insert” tab and then look for a SmartArt in the “Illustrations” group. 
Image titled Making a family tree in Excel Step 62
Create a hierarchy. When the menu bar displays the SmartArt options, select the “Hierarchy” icon next to the left side of the menu. Select the visual style you want and appears in the spreadsheet.
Picture titled Make a family tree in Excel Step 73
- Fill in the family tree. It is possible to drag and enlarge the new diagram just like any other Excel object. Click on each blank shape or line inside the diagram to enter the name of your family tree.
Alternatively, use the text pane that appears when you select the diagram. Any changes in the text panel will directly affect the appearance of the diagram.
3 Use a basic worksheet
- Select “Insert shape”. Create a new spreadsheet in Excel. Click Insert at the top of the menu or menu bar, then click Shape. Choose a rectangle, oval or any other shape.
Picture titled Make a Family Tree on Excel Step 92
- Put it on the spreadsheet. Click and drag it to the worksheet to “draw” the shape. To create a perfect circle or square, hold down the Shift key while dragging the shape. 
Picture titled Make a Family Tree on Excel Step 103
- Write your name on the form. Click on the form below and enter your name. Adjust the size, color, and other styles you want from the font before continuing to the next step.
Picture titled Make a Family Tree on Excel Step 114
- Copy and paste to create more shapes. Select the copy you have just drawn and copy it with the ^ Ctrl + C (⌘ Cmd + C on Mac) keys. Paste as many copies as needed by repeatedly pressing the ^ Ctrl + V keys.
Picture titled Make a Family Tree on Excel Step 125
- Organize the family tree. Click and drag the shapes to create the silhouette of the family tree. The most common is to place one at the bottom of the worksheet, two in a row on it, two more on these, and so on. Click on each shape and enter the name of each family member.
Picture titled Make a Family Tree on Excel Step 136
- Insert lines. Return to the “Insert shapes” menu and select the zigzag line. Click and drag it to the worksheet to draw a line that connects the shape with the two above you (the parents). Just like before, copy and paste to create new lines and drag them to place them in place.
Picture titled Make a Family Tree on Excel Step 147
- Enter additional information. In case you want, it is possible to include birth dates or notes under each name. It is also possible to add it inside the form itself, or click the cells just below each name to enter this information.
PowerPoint also has a template for family trees.
Genealogy Spreadsheet Template
( Click Image to Enlarge )
Tag; Genealogy Spreadsheet Template, Spreadsheet Template
Gallery of: Genealogy Spreadsheet Template
- genealogy reasearch spreadsheet table
- free genealogy spreadsheet
- genealogy spreadsheet family tree
- genealogy spreadsheet excel
- Free Genealogy Forms and Charts
- family group sheet template word
- family group sheet template excel
- excel genealogy timeline template
- excel family tree template 7 generations
- genealogy research log excel template
- family tree template excel with siblings
- family tree template excel with siblings
- genealogytracking spreadsheet
- genealogy forms free
- 10 generation family tree template excel
- genealogy chart templates
- genealogy worksheet templates
- template genealogy census spreadsheet
- genealogy worksheet template