1. Open Excel.
2. Note that there are rows and columns.
- Each column has an uppercase letter that shows which column it is.
- Each row has a number on the left, to show which row it is.
- Each cell is identified by the letter of the column followed by the number of the row. For example, the first cell is A1.
- If you click on a cell, the name will appear column of column A.
3. Click cell A1 and type: Product.
4. Click cell B1 and type: Cost.
5. Click on cell A2 and type: Print.
6. Click on cell B2 and type 80.00.
When you click outside of cell B2, 80 will be displayed in cell B2.
7. Click cell A3 and type: Shipping.
8. Click on cell B3 and type: 75.55.
When you click outside of cell B3, 75.55 will be displayed in cell B3.
9. Click on cell A4 and type: Envelopes.
10. Click on cell B4 and type: 6.00.
When you click outside of cell B4, 6 will be displayed in cell B4.
11. Click cell A5 and type: Total.
12. Click cell B5 and type: = SUM (B2: B4).
13. Click on another cell. The total of 161.55 will be displayed in cell B5.
SUM (B2: B4) is the sum formula. The formulas are used to perform mathematical functions in Excel. It is essential that you put the equal (=) symbol before the formula, so that Excel identifies it as a formula.
14. Click “Save”.
These tips work in Excel 2003 and may also work in previous versions.
Another way to calculate costs would be:
Select from cell B2 to B4.
In the toolbar, click “AutoSum”.
The sum of the numbers you selected will appear.
In order for the amounts in column B to be displayed in currency, follow these steps:
Select from cell B2 to B5.
Right-click on cell B5 and a submenu will appear.
Select “Cell Format”
Click on the “Number” tab
Select “Currency” from the list of categories.
In the “Decimal” field, type 2 and then click OK.
The formatted result will appear.
Things You’ll Need
A computer with Windows / Mac OSX OS
How To Make an Excel Spreadsheet
Tag; How To Make an Excel Spreadsheet,
You may also like
Excel Spreadsheet Formulas If ThenExcel Spreadsheet Formulas If Then SI function The SI function is one of the most popular functions in Excel and allows you to make logical comparisons
Compressor Calculation SpreadsheetCompressor Calculation Spreadsheet – How to calculate the air production of a compressor How to calculate the air production of a compressor Before the many queries
Open Document SpreadsheetOpen Document Spreadsheet – This article consists of the following content: Save a spreadsheet Open a spreadsheet 1. Save a spreadsheet Save a spreadsheet that was
Coupon Spreadsheet AppCoupon Spreadsheet App – This article describes the syntax of the formula and the use of the COUPON.DIAS function in Microsoft Excel. Description Returns the number of days in